Clane GAA Safe Return to Gaelic Games
We hope this news update finds you and your families safe and well. We are all looking forward to the imminent Return to Play, but before that can happen there are a few mandatory steps to be completed by players, parents, coaches and other members.Please read the following information carefully and you will find further down this page a set of guidelines for parents and guardians.
We encourage all members and in particular players, coaches and parents to download the club app (visit https://clubzap.com/download) and register with Clane Gaa to keep up to date and help us to efficiently implement the required return to play procedures.
- All coaches, their teams and Covid Supervisors must complete the eLearning module and the GAA health questionnaire
- For players under 16, parents or guardians will need to complete the eLearning Covid 19 Education Module and the GAA Health Questionnaire on behalf of their children.
*Please ensure to use the parents name for GAA Questionnaire registration and inside the questionnaire indicate you are submitting for your childs name(s). You can create multiple entries e.g. 1 per child, per code.
- All Players over 16 should complete the eLearning Covid 19 Education Module themselves
- Players over 16 but under 18 will need to get their parent / guardian to complete the GAA Health Questionaire on their behalf.
- Players over 18 must complete the GAA Health Questionairethemselves
- Team Covid supervisors need to confirm to the club secretary, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, 24 hours prior to their teams first training session that they, all players (or their parents) and all coaches have completed both the eLearning Education Module and the GAA Health Questionnaire - these are mandatory prior to resumption of training.
Guidelines for Parents & Guardians
We’re all looking forward, as we’re sure you are, to getting back to training and games! Below we have outlined some information and some actions which we need you to take before your child / children return to play.
Before training restarts
- There is lots of good information on https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19 please talk to your child about awareness to the signs and symptoms of Covid-19 and of the things we can do to prevent the spread (hand washing, cough and sneeze etiquette, physical distancing etc)
- Complete the Covid 19 GAA eLearning Education Module – save your certificate of completion as the Team Covid supervisor will want to see it. ** This is mandatory and we appreciate your cooperation **
- Complete the GAA health questionnaire online before the first training session – confirm to the Covid Supervisor that this has been done. All details are private and confidential. Visit https://returntoplay.gaa.ie/ to complete the questionnaire; you will need to register and then verify your account before filling in the questionnaire. ** This is mandatory and we appreciate your cooperation **
- If you have any concerns about an underlying condition that your child may have then please seek medical advice before returning to Club activity
Coming to Training
Coaches will be using Clubzap for team communications and to advise on training and match times. Please ensure you have the Clubzap app downloaded and are included in the correct team groups. You will be asked to confirm your child’s attendance and will also be asked to reconfirm that there has been no change to your child’s health since you filled in the health questionnaire. Please ensure you complete this so coachs have a record of children at training and can plan accordingly
Please make sure you child knows that they must...
- Not shake hands, give high fives or spit
- Wash hands and use hand sanitiser prior to and post going to the toilet
- Not share water bottles
Before you leave the house
- Check your child’s temperature – if it is over 37.5 then please remain at home
- Ask your child to wash their hands
- Ensure your child arrives togged out and ready to go – dressing rooms will not be available for a while although there will be access to toilets
- Ensure your child has all the equipment they need – mouthguard, Hurley, helmet etc
- Ensure your child has their own water bottle with their name clearly marked on it
- Travel only with your own children / family unit to training
- Do not bring your child to training if they or anyone in your household is unwell or showing symptoms consistent with Covid-19
When you arrive at the Club
- Drop your child at the pitch the coach has advised. Please note we are trying to keep some spaces clear close to pitch side to allow kids to easily apply hand sanitiser as they go onto the pitch so please leave these spaces free
- Your child should look for the team Covid Supervisor who will be wearing a hi vis vest
- The Covid Supervisor will direct your child to sanitise their hands before and after training
- Player should sanitise their hands as they leave the pitch
- Players must leave immediately after training and return home with members from their own house only
- Players should wash their hands when they arrive home
- Players should ensure they take all their equipment home with them and that it is cleaned prior to next training session
If your child becomes ill while at training
- If at any stage during a club activity or camp your child displays signs or symptoms of Covid 19 the Team Covid Supervisor or Camp Coordinator will contact you
- Your child, accompanied by the Team Covid Supervisor and another adult will be accompanied to a medical / isolation room
- You should collect your child as soon as possible and consult your GP re your child’s symptoms
- All persons who have been in close contact will be advised to restrict their movements for 14 days or until a negative test result comes back
Compiled by Club Secretary, Briege Little - eMail email@example.com